Submissions are now open for DRIFT!
SSA members are invited to submit work no more than 3 minutes long, in any of the standard moving image genres for this upcoming online exhibition. This opportunity is open to those normally working in the medium, as well as those wanting to start.
Drift – A shifting movement or aimless direction, casual deviations, a wandering.
The exhibition theme can be interpreted as freely and imaginatively as you choose.
The curators, Su Grierson & Lindsay Perth would very much like this to be an opportunity and a challenge, for both those artists who currently use moving image in their work and also for those who have an interest but have not yet had an opportunity to give it a go.
All selected works will be exhibited online as well as at the opening screening event at Summerhall Cinema on Friday 9 September 2022, 6.30 – 7.30pm. This event will be followed by a drinks reception and an SSA Social.
If you need any help with the submission process let us know by emailing either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY
- All entries must be submitted through Zealous HERE by the stated deadlines.
- Work should be no longer than 3 minutes. We ask that this includes the title at the beginning and any credits at the end.
- Submitted work can include but not exclusive to video, animation, dance, performance, film poetry, narrative, abstract or documentary, silent or black and white
- Your work should be uploaded as an mp4 file. Work must be presented in a digital format (there are no provisions for analogue playback for film reels).
- For publicity purposes please include one captioned still image from the work (min size 1500 Pixels wide) within your submission.
- Your submission should include text indicating your practice and the way you have connected to the theme (150 words max)
- This opportunity is open to those normally working in the medium, as well as those wanting to start.
- The exhibition theme can be interpreted as freely and imaginatively as you choose.
- Please ensure all credits are included in your submission.
- Submissions are open only to SSA Members. If you are not a member you can join HERE
- Artists do not need to be Scottish or have a Scottish connection to exhibit.
- No late entries will be accepted so please submit in good time. Online submissions will be notified by email to ensure they are successfully received.
Submissions open: Wednesday 1 June 2022
Submissions close: Monday 15 August 2022, midnight
Selection notification: Friday 26 August 2022
Event Screening: Friday 9 September 2022, 6.30 – 7.30pm
Online Exhibition: 16 September – 16 October 2022