There are four Micro Residencies throughout the year, with each lasting six weeks.
Artists will receive:
· £300 stipend
· 24 hour access to a studio
· Access to use Workshop facilities, spaces and research resources
· Support from the Technical team
· Support from the Programme team
· Access to all workshops / equipment / spaces
· 1 year’s Membership of ESW
About Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop
Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop is based in Newhaven close the cultural hub of Leith and with easy access to the centre of Edinburgh. This places it within a network of galleries, museums, arts festivals and technical facilities. The residency also provides opportunities for networking between residents and the broader cultural life of Scotland.
This is the UK’s first building of this type and operates within a framework designed to empower artists. There are two apartments onsite, one of which is suitable for families.
How to apply:
Please complete the application form*, and send by e-mail to email@example.com with the following:
· A one-page statement of outlining your practice, your interest in the Residency, and how it will benefit your work.
· CVs of all artists involved
· Supporting material – This must be in the form of a pdf containing up to 8 images and no larger than 10mb in size. You can include links to work online and your website within this document. If you want to include moving image/sound work in your application either include links to your work online or send them via dropbox or a similar file sharing utility.
There are three residency time slots, please indicate at least two preferences:
· September – October 2015
· January – February 2016
· March – April 2016
Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged within 2 days – please contact the office if you don’t receive acknowledgement by then.
If you have any further questions about any aspect of the application please feel free to phone 0131 551 4490 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection Panels and Timescales
All of Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop’s artistic activities are selected by a panel of arts professionals.
The selection panel for this year’s Micro Residency Programme is:
Stacy Boldrick – Curator of Research at the Fruitmarket Gallery, Edinburgh
Paul Pieroni – Curator at SPACE, London
Kate Davis – Artist and ESW Board Member
Selection will take place on 21st April 2015, and all applicants will be informed of the outcome by 28th April.
Feedback: ESW can offer feedback on unsuccessful applications if requested.
* Application form can be downloaded from the website – http://www.edinburghsculpture.org/opportunities-featured/micro-residency-programme-apply/