SSA At The Caledonian Club
The Society of Scottish Artists is delighted to announce a new collaboration with The Caledonian Club, London
The exhibition will take place from 21 June – 13 July in the Club’s Drawing Room and will showcase leading contemporary art by SSA Professional Members. This is a great opportunity to exhibit outside Scotland and to have a representation in London.
We are delighted to be exhibiting works from invited artist Alasdair Wallace, alongside the selected works.
Submissions are now open and we invite Professional Members to submit up to 3 pieces of work for consideration. All works must be no larger than 70cm x 50cm.
The Caledonian Club, founded in 1891, is a private members’ club situated in the heart of Belgravia, London and is “the representative national club and headquarters for Scots in London.”
This exhibition is the first in a revolving exhibition programme exploring the possibility of multiple rolling exhibitions throughout the year.
HOW TO APPLY
- All entries must be submitted through Zealous HERE by the stated deadlines.
- Submissions are open to SSA Professional Members only.
- All works submitted must be no larger than 70cm x 50cm
- Unless part of a diptych/triptych etc, each artwork must have its own submission. Multiple works submitted on one submission will not be considered.
- There are no restrictions on discipline or media.
- All selected works must be for sale. Please ensure all sale prices include the SSA commission of 35%.
- Please ensure all artwork details are correct – titles, prices etc. submitted at this stage will be used for labels.
- Selected artists are invited to deliver their work directly to the club.
ARTWORK DELIVERY & COLLECTION
Selected artists are invited to deliver their work directly to the club. Where required, the SSA will provide group transport for delivery of works from a central Edinburgh location. Full details to be confirmed upon pre-selection.
Delivery: Monday 19 June, 9am – 5pm
Collection: Friday 14 July, 10am – 5pm
The Caledonian Club, 9 Halkin St, London, SW1X 7DR
Online Submissions open: Thursday 6 April 2023, 9am
Online Submissions close: Sunday 7 May 2023, midnight
Selection notification: Wednesday 24 May 2023
Artwork Delivery: See above
Exhibition Dates: 21 June – 13 July 2023
Private View: Tuesday 20 June 2023