All Artist Members are invited to apply to be a Professional Artist Member of the Society of Scottish Artists.
Entries open: 1 March 2020
Entry deadline: Tuesday 31 March 2020, midnight
The Society of Scottish Artists is a vibrant network of artists with a membership of over 1100 artists of which 179 are Professional Artist Members. Run for and by artists since its inception in 1891, the Society aims to provide exhibition opportunities for artists from all over the world, to promote education and communication and to raise awareness of current art making in Scotland and abroad.
Professional Artist Membership is for artists who are actively practising professionally within one or more branches of the visual arts and is by selection only in recognition of their talent and dedication in this field.
Professional Artist Membership allows you to add the post-nominal title ‘SSA’ after your name to indicate that you hold this accreditation.
Professional Artist Members have all the benefits of an Artist Membership and in addition, may submit up to four works at the Annual Exhibitions and pay a lower rate of commission on sales.
Image: Alasdair Wallace, Ache The Good, acrylic on paper
Artist Members are eligible for consideration and election to Professional Artist Membership providing you meet the following criteria:
• You have been an Artist Member for at least the last two concurrent years and your fees have not lapsed
• Your work has been included in at least two SSA exhibitions within the last two years.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Read the terms and conditions and make sure you are eligible to apply.
2. Prepare your SSA Artist Profile page HERE with the following:
• Your Name and Email contact details
• Link to your website (if applicable)
• Your up-to-date Artist C.V, including details of works included in the any SSA exhibitions within the last 2 years.
• Artist Statement
• 3 images of recent work (with title, date, medium) made within the last year. If you wish to include video or a live performance, please add a link in your SUBMISSION FORM to where we can view this online.
3. Payment administration fee of £10 upon acceptance of a successful application.
4. Complete this SUBMISSION FORM below to confirm your application.
DEADLINE: Tuesday 31 March 2020, midnight
Terms and Conditions
• The SSA Council reserves the right to reject any submission that is deemed unsuitable due to unclear or insufficient information.
• Professional Artist Membership annual fee is £50 (Artist Membership is £40).
• Submissions will be considered and voted on by an elected Professional Membership Committee.
• Incomplete or late submissions will not be considered.
• Artist Members who do not meet the necessary criteria will not be considered.
• The decision of the selection committee is final.
• No correspondence will be entered into following their decision.