We invite submissions of work from SSA members for an online exhibition of drawing and painting. The show, Re:Connect, is reflective of the current time, and invites thoughtful and positive work that connects / reconnects us with themes, objects, people and places that are meaningful.
“Reconnecting’ in relation to nature . . . can illustrate the fundamental cause of the ecological (and spiritual) crises we face, it suggests that we are, or can become, disconnected, essentially separate. I would posit that a first move towards healing (for human and non-human) is a kind of remembering, that the connection between humanity and the wider web of life is never really lost . . . I would suggest the reconnection required is to the awareness of our essential connection to all other life, and to the senses of wonder, and longing.” Andrew Phillips, invited artist
Members are invited to submit one piece of work in drawing or painting for this online show, which is selected and curated by Gillian Spanswick and Gillian A McFarland, with invited artist Andrew Phillips.
Open call opens: Monday 22 March 2021
Entry deadline: Sunday 18 April 2021, midnight
Selection notification: Friday 30 April 2021
Online exhibition: 21 May – 20 June 2021
HOW TO APPLY
You can submit one piece of work via Zealous here
You must be a member of the Society to be eligible for this opportunity.
If you’re not yet a member, you can join here
- Each member may submit only one piece of work.
- All works submitted must be for sale.
- There is no size limit but please bear in mind that this work will need to be posted if sold.
- For ease of delivery and to ensure the work is accurately depicted in the online gallery, the work should not be framed or glazed, if possible.
- There are no restrictions on discipline or media, but please remember that you will be responsible for sending your work.
- You must supply one good, clear image of the work, which should be at least 1MB in size.
- A short description of no more than 150 words must be submitted alongside the work. This will be used if it is selected for the curated showcase on social media.
- Please include the title, dimensions, medium, weight including packaging, and price of the piece in your submission. The weight of the work will be used to estimate the cost of postage. If this is supplied incorrectly, the artist will be responsible for covering any extra costs incurred.
- Once notified of a sale, the artist takes responsibility for posting the work to the client promptly.
- All submitted work must be for sale.
- There will be a 30% commission charge.
- It will be assumed that the sale price includes the commission. Please allow for these points when pricing your work. Prices should include VAT if applicable. If you are VAT registered, please provide a VAT number.
- The Society will calculate the shipping costs, on top of the sale price, based on the weight supplied by the artist. The artist will be required to post the work directly to the buyer, and to pay the cost of postage initially. The Society will then reimburse this cost to the artist once the buyer has received the work.
- The Society will not be responsible for any extra costs incurred as a result of the incorrect weight being supplied by the artist.