We are pleased to invite submissions for an online exhibition of three-dimensional work, Sculpture Now, curated by Duncan Robertson and Jenny Pope, who are both practising sculptors. We welcome applications in all media and materials, as long as it is three-dimensional.
We appreciate that the documentation and online presentation of sculptural work can be a challenge, and we hope that SSA members will explore some creative ways of best showing their work. We look forward to seeing the diverse submissions from our members.
Open call opens: Friday 30 April 2021
Entry deadline: Sunday 30 May 2021, midnight
Selection notification: Friday 11 June 2021
Online exhibition: 1 July – 31 July 2021
HOW TO APPLY
You can submit one piece of work via Zealous here
You must be a member of the Society to be eligible for this opportunity.
If you’re not yet a member, you can join here
- Each member may submit only one piece of work.
- All works submitted must be for sale.
- There is no size limit but please bear in mind that this work will need to be posted or sent by a courier if sold.
- There are no restrictions on media, but please remember that you will be responsible for sending your work.
- You must supply at least one good, clear image of the work, which should be at least 1MB in size. You can submit multiple images to show further details of the piece.
- A short description of no more than 150 words must be submitted alongside the work. This will be used if it is selected for the curated showcase on social media.
- Please include the title, dimensions, medium, weight including packaging, and price of the piece in your submission. The weight of the work will be used to estimate the cost of postage. If this is supplied incorrectly, the artist will be responsible for covering any extra costs incurred.
- Once notified of a sale, the artist takes responsibility for posting the work to the client promptly.
- All submitted work must be for sale.
- There will be a 30% commission charge.
- It will be assumed that the sale price includes the commission. Please allow for these points when pricing your work. Prices should include VAT if applicable. If you are VAT registered, please provide a VAT number.
- The Society will calculate the shipping costs, on top of the sale price, based on the weight supplied by the artist. The artist will be required to post the work directly to the buyer, and to pay the cost of postage initially. The Society will then reimburse this cost to the artist once the buyer has received the work.
- The Society will not be responsible for any extra costs incurred as a result of the incorrect weight being supplied by the artist.