Submissions are now open for Unmute!
Over the last two years we have had to adapt and find new approaches to connecting with one another. It has not always been easy but it is these connections that have helped us get through these strange times. It is our pleasure to announce our first physical exhibition of the year, in collaboration with Dunoon Burgh Hall.
As we restart these in-person conversations and connections that we have missed, we invite all SSA members to submit work for consideration for our upcoming exhibition in Argyll and Bute. The exhibition will take place from 17 June – 24 July 2022.
We are really looking forward to welcoming artists back into a gallery setting and we invite artists to submit up to three pieces of work in any discipline, media or size.
HOW TO APPLY
- All entries must be submitted through Zealous HERE by the stated deadlines.
- Members may make up to 3 submissions.
- Only works that have been pre-selected via the online submission process will be accepted on the hand-in day.
- Submissions are open only to SSA Members. If you are not a member you can join HERE
- There are no restrictions on theme, discipline, media or size.
- All works submitted must be able to be hung on a hanging system or with magnets.
- Wooden frames must be substantial enough to accommodate D-rings on the back for the hanging system.
- All unframed two-dimensional work must be light enough to be hung with magnets.
- If the artwork is from an edition, please include how many are available from this edition and the edition number.
- Artists must provide their own floor-standing plinths or display equipment for three-dimensional pieces.
- All works being handed in must be free of all hooks and cords and clearly marked ‘this way up’ where appropriate.
- Selected artists must supply their own electronic equipment if needed at the point of delivery. TV cannot be hung on the wall and will need to come with a stand.
- Professional members of the SSA will be charged a reduced commission rate of 35% +VAT on the sale price of all work sold in the exhibition.
- Artist, Student and Graduate members will be charged a commission of 40% +VAT on the sale price of all work sold in the exhibition.
- Artists do not need to be Scottish or have a Scottish connection to exhibit. Please note, however, that all pre-selected works need to be delivered to and collected from the gallery/central location by the artist or a nominated representative.
Selected artists are invited to deliver their work directly to Dunoon Burgh Halls or to a central location in Edinburgh. Dates for both options can be found below.
Detail Framing Studio – Friday 3 June / Saturday 4 June, 10am – 4pm
Dunoon Burgh Halls
195 Argyll St, Dunoon PA23 7DD
Delivering direct: Monday 13 June, 10am-4pm. Access on 14 June is by arrangement only, please contact email@example.com with details.
Pre-selected works need to be delivered to and collected from the gallery/central location by the artist or a nominated representative.
Online Submissions open: Wednesday 16 March 2022
Online Submissions close: Sunday 1 May 2022, midnight
Selection notification: Monday 23 May 2022
Artwork Delivery: See above
Private View: Friday 17 June 2022, 6-7.30pm
Exhibition: 17 June – 24 July 2022, Wednesday – Sunday, 10am – 4pm
Collection of unsold work: 27 – 31 July 2022