The Society of Scottish Artists is delighted to be exhibiting in the Spotlight Area for the first time at this year’s Borders Art Fair (25 – 27 March 2022)
The annual 3 day visual art fair exhibits over 60 artists, galleries and collectives, and is a great opportunity to exhibit your work in the Scottish Borders.
We are delighted to be including the ever popular 30 x 30 as part of this year’s fair. SSA members are invited to submit one piece of work to exhibit over the weekend. The work must be an unframed, 2D work mounted on a firm 30cm x 30cm board no deeper than 1cm. Stretched canvases will not be accepted.
Submitted work must not be over £350 and the following sales commission will be applied – 35% Professional Members and 40% all other membership types.
Due to limited space we will only be able to select the first 200 submissions. Applications will close when this number is reached.
HOW TO APPLY
- All submissions must be made HERE by the stated deadlines.
- SSA members may submit one piece of work.
- The work must be 2D, unframed and mounted on a firm 30 x 30 cm board no deeper than 1cm.
- Stretched canvases will not be accepted.
- Submitted work must not be over £350
- Sales commission – 35% Professional Members and 40% all other membership types.
- Due to limited space the first 200 submissions will be selected. The submission form will close when 200 submissions have been received.
All artworks should be posted to the following address to arrive Friday 18 or Saturday 19 March. All work must be sent with return postage and packaging. Any artists sending works without return postage and packaging will be charged a £10 admin fee + postage costs for the return of their work.
Detail Framing Studio
5 Lochrin Place
Edinburgh EH3 9QX
Delivery Dates: Friday 18 & Saturday 19 March
Please ensure posted work arrives as close to these dates as possible as storage is limited. Works arriving after Monday 21 March will not be exhibited.
All works must be clearly labelled on the back of the work with the following:
Online Submissions open: Friday 14 January 2022
Online Submissions close: Tuesday 8 February 2022, midnight or when 200 submissions are received, whichever is sooner
Selection notification: Friday 25 February 2022
Artwork Delivery: Friday 18 & Saturday 19 March
Friday 25th March 2022 10am – 4pm
Saturday 26th March 2022 10am – 5pm
Sunday 27th March 2022 10am – 4pm