SSA Members are invited to submit one piece of work for our upcoming exhibition, 30 x 30 Online Edition. 30 x 30 is always a popular part of our Annual Exhibition, and although the show unfortunately couldn’t go ahead this year, we are delighted to be running this element of it in a digital format. Members are invited to submit one piece of unframed 2D work, no larger than 30 x 30 cm. The exhibition will be exclusively for our Members, and there will be no selection process. To sit alongside the exhibition, we will also be hosting a 20 Days of Christmas curated showcase of the work across our social media platforms, and we will be selecting some of the submitted work to be featured in this.
The online exhibition will take place from Friday 27th November to Sunday 20th December.
How to apply
Please submit at least one high-res image of your work, along with a short statement about the piece. The text should be no more than 150 words in total, and should also include the title, dimensions, medium, weight and price. All of this information must be complete for it to be accepted. Please email all of this to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: 30 x 30 submission.
Call Opens: Monday 2 November, 2020
Entry deadline: Sunday 15 November, midnight
Exhibition Launch: Friday 27 November, 7pm
Exhibition: 27 November – 20 December 2020
You must be a Member of the Society to be eligible for this opportunity.
If you’re not yet a Member, you can join here
– Each Member may submit only one 2D work, with a maximum dimension of 30 x 30 cm.
– The work must not be framed or glazed.
– There are no restrictions on discipline or media, but please remember that you will be responsible for sending your work.
– You must supply at least one good, clear image of the work, which should be at least 1MB in size. You can submit multiple images to show further details of the piece.
– A short description of no more than 150 words must be submitted alongside the work. This will be used if it is selected for the curated showcase on social media.
– Please include the title, dimensions, medium, weight and price of the piece in your submission. The weight of the work will be used to estimate the cost of postage. If this is supplied incorrectly, the artist will be responsible for covering any extra costs incurred.
– Once notified of a sale, the artist takes responsibility for posting the work to the client promptly.
– All submitted work must be for sale.
– The maximum price of any piece of work should be £250.
– There will be a 30% commission charge.
– It will be assumed that the sale price includes the commission. Please allow for these points when pricing your work. Prices should include VAT if applicable. If you are VAT registered, please provide a VAT number.
– The Society will calculate the shipping costs, on top of the sale price, based on the weight supplied by the artist. The artist will be required to post the work directly to the buyer, and to pay the cost of postage initially. The Society will then reimburse this cost to the artist once the buyer has received the work.
– The Society will not be responsible for any extra costs incurred as a result of the incorrect weight being supplied by the artist.