SSA MENTORING PROGRAMME | MENTORS
We are inviting SSA members to apply for the role of mentor as part of an exciting new 1 year SSA Mentoring Programme supported by Creative Scotland.
We are looking to recruit 10 experienced artists who can use their own skills and knowledge to help other artists to grow and develop their art career.
The key attributes we are looking for are excellent listening skills and an ability to work alongside the mentee to help them define and develop their own version of success. You will be able to facilitate non judgmental, empathic discussions and reflections in order that the mentee comes to their own decisions and plans. You will be paired with 1 artist and work with them on a 1:1 basis for the duration of the programme.
This role is a paid opportunity and covers reasonable travel expenses. It will be a mix of online and in person as appropriate.
Training around the role of mentor is provided as is ongoing support. All mentors/mentees will be part of a clear working agreement contract.
Online submissions open: Friday 22 April 2022
Online submissions close: Sunday 22 May 2022, midnight
Pre-selection notification: Friday 17 June 2022
Information Webinar: Tuesday 3 May 2022, 7pm
Outlining the mentoring programme for all prospective mentors and mentees with discussion about what to expect and frequently asked questions. This will be recorded and available afterwards for reference.
View the webinar HERE
Mentor Training Sessions: Monday 27 June and Tuesday 28 June, 7-8.30pm
Pre-selected mentors must be available to attend both evenings.
HOW TO APPLY
- All entries must be submitted through Zealous HERE by the stated deadlines.
- You must be an SSA member to be eligible. If you are not a member you can join HERE
- You must be able to commit to the full programme (approx 12 – 15 sessions depending on your role, within a 12 month period)
- You do not have to be based in Scotland for this opportunity.
- We are particularly encouraging artists who feel their voice is marginalised and are from under represented groups to apply. So we welcome applications for people who are diverse in their age, race and ethnicity, education and income, skills and abilities, families and upbringing, personality types, gender identity and expression and sexual orientation.
- Please contact email@example.com if you feel there may be barriers to you applying in the way we have presented this opportunity and we will look creatively at how to enable you to take part in the recruitment process.