All Artist Members are invited to apply to be a Professional Artist Member of the Society of Scottish Artists.
Application Deadline: Monday 30 April 2018
The Society of Scottish Artists is a vibrant network of artists with a membership of around 850 artists of which 150 are Professional Artist Members. Run for and by artists since its inception in 1891, the Society aims to provide exhibition opportunities for artists from all over the world, to promote education and communication and to raise awareness of current art making in Scotland and abroad.
Professional Artist Membership is for artists who are actively practicing professionally within one or more branches of the Visual Arts and is by selection only in recognition of their talent and dedication in this field. Professional Artist Membership allows you to add the post-nominal title ‘SSA’ after your name to indicate that you hold this accreditation.
Professional Artist Members have all the benefits of Ordinary Artist Membership and in addition, may submit up to four works at the Annual Exhibitions and pay a lower rate of commission on sales.
Ordinary Artist Members are eligible for consideration and election to Professional Artist Membership providing you meet the following criteria:
• You have been an Ordinary Artist Member for at least the last two concurrent years and your fees have not lapsed
• Your work has been included in the Annual Exhibition at least once within the last five years (works must have been selected through open submission and does not include works exhibited in “Sit in – Take Away” or Open+ displays)
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Read the terms and conditions and make sure you are eligible to apply.
2. Prepare ONE PDF document containing the following:
• Your name, contact details
• Link to your website
• Details of works included in the Annual Exhibition within the last five years
• Your C.V.
• Artist Statement
• 6 – 10 images of recent work label each work with TITLE, DATE, MEDIA, DIMENSION. If you wish to include video or live performance please include a link to where we can view this online.
Please note: The presentation of your application will be taken into consideration as part of your application. Ensure the above guidelines are adhered to and all images are of a professional standard. Applications that do not follow the requested format will not be considered.
3. Payment administration fee of £15 – PAY HERE
4. Email applications to email@example.com
DEADLINE: Monday 30 April 2018
Terms and Conditions
• The SSA Council reserves the right to reject any submission that is deemed unsuitable due to unclear or insufficient information.
• Professional Artist Membership annual fee is £50 (Ordinary Membership is £40)
• Submissions will be considered and voted on by an elected Professional Membership Committee.
• Incomplete or late submissions will not be considered.
• Ordinary Artist Members who do not meet the necessary criteria will not be considered.
• The decision of the selection committee is final.
• No correspondence will be entered into following their decision.
• All payments are non-returnable.